- Sorby Environmental Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (SEFDL). NERC recognised facility at the Earth & Environment Building (University of Leeds).
- Petroleum Leeds. Petroleum Leeds fosters and promotes multidisciplinary petroleum-related research and training at the University of Leeds.
- The Virtual Seismic Atlas project, a free-to-use, community-based internet resource, that captures and shares the geological interpretation of seismic reflection data.
- Fluvial Research Group (FRG). The FRG brings together a broad range of expertise for the study of fluvial systems with the aim of developing a better understanding of both the behaviour and evolution of modern rivers and the applied significance of ancient fluvial sedimentary successions.
- Basin Structure Group (BSG). BSG provides an integrated approach to researching the evolution and deformation of sedimentary basins.
- Placer Minerals Group (PMG). PMG focuses on the application of sedimentological, mineralogical and metallurgical expertise to the exploitation of placer deposits and interpretation of placer mineral significance in the context of wider exploration.
- Stratigraphy Group at the University of Leeds.
- Sequence Stratigraphy Group (STRAT) at the University of Manchester.
- Slopes Consortium at the University of Aberdeen.
- Stanford Project on Deep-water Depositional Systems (SPODDS) at Stanford University.